Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Storyboard

I am going to follow the Chico Community Ballet through their performance of Keeping Dance Alive. I hope to show the process of putting together a ballet.

- The first step is practice. There are several different groups each practicing individually with their choreographer. I will shoot some pictures of those practices.

- When the group all begins to practice together, they will have a spacing rehearsal. I will go to that and begin taking pictures on the stage. I hope to get most of my interviews around this time.

- After spacing rehearsal, Act 1 and Act 2 rehearse on different nights. I will take some pictures there.

- The dress rehearsal will be good. Since I cannot use a flash during the actual performance, I think a lot of my photos will come from the dress rehearsal.

- During the actual performances, I hope I can take pictures of the audience filling up Laxson Auditorium. My really great photos on these nights are going to come from the people getting ready for the performance. The dressing room and makeup room will hopefully get me some great photos.

- After the final performance, I am going to attend the after party to show how all of the hard work paid off.

1 comment:

Lewis Brockus said...

This sounds great I am really looking forward to see how this all comes together.